Friday, May 9, 2014

Enjoy the Small Moments

So it's kind of a rough week. I started my new job, which can be stressful. But I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy each moment. I also have been staying involved in the clubhouse and trying to participate in activities, despite some discouragement. But the most exciting and wonderful moment of this week was with my sister. We went to a local university to eat dinner by the lake. It was so nice out and I loved being surrounded by the beauty. We saw a big fish swimming in the water, and the baby ducks! I also got to relax in my sister's hammock. Moments like that remind me to just take a break and appreciate all the beauty in the world. It also gave me something to think about when I got really stressed out at work.

I have had some rough moments this week with my eating disorder and self-inury tendencies, but with the encouragement I've gotten from my friends and my sister have really helped me to push through the tough moments to get to the good ones. I've never really considered myself lucky, or fortunate, but I am. I am lucky to have so many people who care about me and are there for me. I have a fortune of opportunities and friends who are there for me. Its hard to see sometimes, so I really wanna try to encourage everyone to just think of one moment this week when you laughed uncontrollably with a friend, or randomly started dancing, or saw a beautiful scene, or got to enjoy a little bit of sun, or anything that just made you smile, or laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment