Thursday, October 3, 2013

Invega: the root of all evil!

I know I sound like the typical mental patient, but after doing some research I believe the root of all my problems is my medications- okay, not all my problems. But after tracking some symptoms for the past couple of months and doing online research, I think I have found the evil medication that has completely changed my body rhythm.

I have noticed changes in my body starting in May, so I kinda already knew the culprit was Invega, a newer mood stabilizer that I started. At first, it increased my sleep. Since starting Invega, I've stopped taking my sleep meds. I am now back to waking up every couple of hours and tossing and turning all night. I don't wanna start my sleeping meds again, because I'm afraid I'll over sleep, which is something i already do when I do sleep.

I've also noticed female issues. My cycle was an average of 30 days. When I first started Invega, my cycle shortened, but the last couple of cycles have been 42 and 46 days. I made it through all of September without a period- I don't think i've ever gone a month without a period. In high school, I had a period every 2-3 weeks. My cycle was an average of 15 days. In August, I decided it was probably a one time thing. Then it happened again. I'm gonna continue to track it all, because I've been determined to not be on Invega since day 1. If only "professionals" listened to me.

And this next problem- yes I find this a problem- gaining weight. I know I was underweight all last year. Oh the days of being too skinny are far gone. I know in your mind i haven't gained much weight at all. But I weigh much more than I'd like to. My tummy is bigger and that grosses me out. And yes, I'm blaming Invega for my weight gain. I've gained 20 lbs since the beginning January- only 8 of them before I went on Invega. And a total of 30 lbs since the summer of 2012. I needed to gain maybe 10 lbs- 20n at most to be healthy. NOT 30!!!!

Even with my short lived vegan diet and my continued vegetarian diet, I'm gaining more weight than I wanted to. In the past week I've gained another 4 lbs. Yes, I weigh myself daily. Its disgusting that I gain so much weight and I hate that its not safe for me to go running first thing in the morning or in the evening. I also am agitated that I don't have enough time to go before medications. I'm agitated about a lot this week- but i'm not going into it. Seeing as my body is changing with invega, my daily routine must change too. I needa find a way to make working out a part of my daily routine and if anybody knows a good workout routine- I'd love suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment