Friday, January 17, 2014

Stress, Anxiety, and More Stress!

I wanted to blog today, before I leave for a road trip with my sister. I'm not taking my lap top and will be free from social media for a few day; I will have my phone, but it's one of those "dumb" phones (and how much I love having an excuse to not be on social media 24-7!)

Anyways, I've been stressing about everything lately; like yesterday, when I was stressed out about being stressed out! Grrrrr... Due to my stress, I've been getting migraines like every other day- Lovely... Hopefully I can just chill and enjoy time with all my siblings and friends this weekend!!

So, yesterday, during my Thursday Yoga Class, I was too stressed and overwhelmed to get to a peaceful state. I started to reflect and think about what was stressing me out, and there was a long list:
1) Trying to be good enough for my friends (which realistically is never gonna
happen, because they want super woman to be their friend- not a human)
2) I have become completely and totally unorganized...I've been trying so hard to
get organized, but it's hard...by the way, does anyone need shorts? I have bag
full of shorts and a few shirts that are to big for me. If not, they are off
to Good Will in the next week or two
3) I get nervous about trips, but who doesn't?
4) Work started back this past week, and I'm trying to get a routine.
5) A friend passed away...he was such a sweet person; drove me nuts at times and
annoyed the crap out of me, but was always happy and friendly, even when I was
being a total bitch!
6) This list can go on and on, but I'm leaving soon and need to organize last minute things...

Basically, I'm just overly anxious and worried and stressing myself out. While I was reflecting all this yesterday, I realized that January is a really really hard month.. I dunno why, but every January, I seem to just hit a breaking point. I don't really remember 4 years ago or any January before that. But 3 years ago was my first car accident that triggered my depression and anxiety to spiral completely out of Control. Then the past two years, I spent January hospitalized- Go me... This year, luckily, I'm not in the hospital, I weigh 20 pounds more (BTW), and I'm mostly functional...Sounds good!

Oh and my gym goal...I'm planning for Tuesday. My gym buddy and I have planned to go together..Now for the follow through!

No comments:

Post a Comment