Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Resolution

Last year, I didn’t bother coming up with a New Year resolution, or goal, or anything. I was far too depressed and didn’t think I’d be alive for the majority of the year. Now, one year later, I’m still alive and have made many changes to my life in 2013. This year is a little different, because I’m not planning to die. So I felt like I was supposed to come up with some sort of goal for the year. I’ve thought about it a lot. I tried not to, but everyone’s obsessed with new year resolutions, and it all seems to have to do with dieting and weight. My weight is actually at a healthy BMI and as big as I feel, I’m not gonna screw with it. And seeing I change my diet weekly anyways and am constantly trying to figure out how to eat healthier, I decided I didn’t really need extra motivation to over focus on my diet. Working out is another popular resolution, which is one I could do. I got a gym membership, a month ago, and really wanna go two or three times a week. The problem that I’m running into is it’s cold outside and I don’t wanna walk there. So, it’s not gonna happen until I get a car.

After a lot of considering, developing ideas, throwing ideas out and developing new ones, I finally came up with something. My new year resolution is to come up with smaller goals and following through with them. I’ve realized that I often come up with goals and over detailed plans for what I wanna do with my life, but I rarely follow through. I give up after a few weeks and then feel guilty and upset that I can’t accomplish anything. However if I have a smaller goal that I can accomplish within a few days or a week, I’ll feel good when I accomplish a goal.

My first goal is to make it to the gym at least once this week. I’d like to work out at least 3 times a week, but I’m trying to accept that right now, it’s not a realistic expectation for myself. Maybe once I have a car, or when it gets warmer out (and when it stays light out longer), I’ll be able to work out more. For now, I’ll go when I’m able to and try to make it there, once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment