Sunday, March 13, 2016

Simple Directions

Sorry that it's been a few weeks since my last blog. I slipped into a very dark place, and I can't say that I'm out of that dark place. I'm very depressed, but I'm trying to appear ok. On Monday, February 29, I went to the ER, because the suicidal thoughts got to be too much and I was really afraid I was gonna act on them. I stayed in the ER, getting IV fluids and drinking Gatorade with potassium until Tuesday afternoon. I was then moved to psych ward, where I stayed until this past Friday. This stay was a little different from all my other stays. It felt different. I didn't feel connected to the other patients; I didn't even feel like we could relate to each other. I felt like an outcast, so I stuck to myself, hid in my room, as much as possible. I still went to all the groups and meals, took my meds, and talked to the staff. They changed some of my meds; I haven't felt any different. At meals, I just picked at my food and ate the bare minimum. My blood glucose plummeted one morning, and I was supper shaky and throwing up. My hands are almost always tremoring now; I can't tell if its the lack of nutrients or the new medication. The sad part about it is, I really like feeling shaky and having tremors.

The discharge directions were "pretty simple":
- Check in with the clubhouse
- Check in with the Mental health clinic
- Get into residential treatment in the next month and a half.

Simple, right?

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* I'm glad you're okay, and I'm proud of you for going to the ER. It's not an easy choice to make, especially at times you most need to be there.

    xx

    ReplyDelete