Friday, December 13, 2013

January 2013

I know I started with November and December of last year. I just thought those were a good way to describe my frame of mind and what led up to my hospitalization in January 2013. Of course, in 2012, I spent like every other week in a psychiatric hospital. However, this last hospitalization is really where my recovery began. On the second day of this last hospitalization, I wrote this:

People used to describe me as independent. I’ve never been independent- just too afraid to ask for anything. Asking for materialistic things means you’re not appreciative. Asking for someone to do something for you means you’re incapable or weak. And God forbid you don’t know how to do everything yourself. I’m just as dependent (if not more) as everyone else. I just don’t like people thinking I’m needy or weak. I don’t like myself thinking that.

No comments:

Post a Comment