Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Paleo Zucchini Bread

Its been difficult, the past couple of days. I've lowered my calorie intake and am purging at least once a day- if not twice. I've only lost a pound in the past couple of weeks. I've increased my activity level, too, though. I'm doing yoga and taking my dog for a walk, every day. It's good for me and my pup. I need to take my cat on a walk; he never gets to leave the back patio. I'm trying to bake more, too. It puts on the illusion that I'm eating more. Today, I baked a gluten free paleo zucchini bread. Each slice is 162 calories. I ate half of a slice just to taste it; its pretty good-I'll leave the recipe down below.

On top of my ED issues, my mom's family is here and bothering the shit out of me. Her mom complains about everything. She doesn't like our bread, cause it has seeds in it. She wouldn't eat dinner, last night, because she didn't like the quinoa in it. She got upset, because my brother drew on himself. Anyways, she's nice otherwise. Well, except for the fact that she almost got sunscreen on me; I'm allergic to the stuff. Its awful going to the pool and feeling surrounded by something the makes me itchy and uncomfortable.

My mom's dad and brother are here too. They're both extroverts, so you can imagine how introverted me feels. I'm constantly overwhelmed by the noise and activity. Luckily my mom sent all the boys out to a bowling alley, while the rest of us could rest. I haven't rested much. I figure I'll hang out and watch tv. Then, when they get back, I'll retreat to my room and take a nap. But for now, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

Paleo Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini
-3/4 cup of coconut flour
-1/3 cup of coconut oil
-1/3 cup of honey
-6 eggs
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-1 tsp of ground cinnamon
-3/4 tsp of baking soda

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Squeeze the moisture out of the shredded zucchini. Mix all the ingredients together. Pour into a the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment