Monday, May 23, 2016

Give all the Praise to God

I spent my weekend reading a book called Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst. I recommend it for any women or girl seeking a closer relationship with God. It's a very easy and pleasant read (kinda has to be for me to actually read it), but it'll make you really think and discover things in your own relationship with God. I feel like I've gone on some spiritual journey over the past couple of days. I think I read this book at just the right time. I needed it. I've been asking God for answers to so many questions and for strength to fight my mental illness, but I've been forgetting to praise him for all the things he has provided me. I feel so at peace with my current treatment plan and with my living situation. I'm still nervous about trying to make new friends here in Texas, but I look forward to sharing my growing faith with others, and hopefully helping them grow in their faith too. It's been awhile since I've felt this way about God; I've writing prayers, verses, and quotes from the book down in my journal to remind me on the bad days to continue praising God and give him my everything. No matter how big the problem, he can handle it. And with his strength, I can get through the tough days. I'm not saying my life's gonna be easy; in fact, I expect something terrible to happen, because the devil works harder when we grow closer to God.

I know you guys are probably like "shut up about God", but He's doing so much in my life right now. For months, I've been praying for guidance and clarity on what to decide for my treatment. The ED clinics fell through, but if they hadn't, I would never had come to Texas and my relationship with my parents wouldn't be where it is. My parents opened up their home to me. After everything I put them through when I was 19, they were willing to trust me in their home again. This young adults/college small group was open to me, and my mom already knew the leaders. There's well-established and highly rated DBT therapist in the area. People have been sending me books with encouragement and exactly what I need to hear. And most importantly, my cat was able to come to Texas with me. Now, that's God working in miraculous ways. He knows what we need and sometimes, we don't even realize what we need. It's just so incredible; I don't have words for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment