Friday, January 15, 2016

What the Doc says and the waste of time in the ER

So first, the results of the doctor appointment. It went fine. The blood work all came back normal, which meant they couldn't commit me. Yay- or so I thought. They told me they want to continue to monitor my weight and blood work weekly, and they want me to start meeting with a therapist twice a week. I dunno how I'm supposed to have time for all of that with school and work. They already have me scheduled for an appointment during one of my classes. Not planning on going.

Now, fast-forward to today. I got up, went to get my blood drawn, and started an ensure. I went to my support program and immediately got bombarded. One of the staff members pulled me into a private room to discuss how I was a "danger to myself and others." I listened and understand her point of view. She thinks that because I'm not eating enough, I could pass out while driving and kill someone. First off, I'm eating plenty, or I wouldn't be alive. Secondly, I'm not going to pass out. Lastly, if I felt unsafe to drive, I wouldn't get in the car. But she was threatening to commit me, so I volunteered to go admit myself into the hospital. I went to the psych hospital admissions office and did an assessment. The results of the assessment- I don't meet the criteria to be hospitalized. Imagine that. Exactly what the doctor told me two days ago. They did, however, want me to go to the ER and get medically cleared. So I sat in the ER, all f***ing afternoon to be told I'm fine. What a waste of time?! I could have told you all this morning that I was medically, mentally and in every other way fine!

Now, the support program and my friends all want me to admit myself into an ED treatment program. Like, no. Did you not hear the doctors?? I'm not sick. I'm fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment