Sunday, July 3, 2016

My Abusive Partner

Ana’s this other part of me,
A part that takes and destroys.
She takes my strength, my happiness,
My will, my hope,
Leaving me dry, cold and empty.
She tears me down.
She’s like an abusive partner,
I can’t escape.
I love her too much to leave her,
But if I don’t leave her,
She’ll eventually kill me.
Everyone knows this and warns me,
But I don’t listen.
I need her to survive,
And she needs me.

She doesn’t just take from me though.
She takes from everyone around me.
She consumes their money,
And flushes it down the drain.
She wastes their time with her dangerous games.
She causes them worry and fear.
She destroys them through me,
Leaving them hurt and resentful.

I would do anything to break away,
If I could,
But she has control.
She knows where to poke and
How to bring me down.
She’s smarter than me and she is me;
an inner part of me that knows all
And can do all. Without her,
I am nothing. With her,
I am falling to nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment